Wednesday 21 January 2015

iPad mini: yay or nay

I recently purchased an iPad mini 2 with retina display. Truthfully, I bought it because everyone seemed to have a tablet of some sort so I decided to jump on the bandwagon as there had to be a reason why they were so popular. Without too much deliberation, I decided on the Apple iPad simply because I would know how to use it (because of my iPhone) and I assumed syncing it with my iTunes would be easier etc etc. 

When it arrived I was SUPER excited (probably because if you order it through Apple, you can have your initials engraved on the back!!) and used it a lot. Its really easy to carry round with it being so small but the screen is still a perfectly decent size for browsing the web or whatever. Without being too technical..picture quality = brill. sound quality = really brill.

Tip: if you want photos and music on your iPad as well as everything else (apps, imessages etc) then I would recommend one with at least a 32gb memory so you don't really have to worry about filling it up like you would with 16gb or less. Obviously you can't expand iPad memory (ignoring Google Drive, Dropbox etc which I am yet to try!) so choosing one with enough memory is essential when making the investment as there's no going back!

Some of my favourite apps:

SimpleMind+: mindmap app perfect for uni, I use it to plan essays, free but you can buy an upgrade
RefME: another free app great for uni - scan the barcodes of the books you use for an assignment and it will reference them for you - how flipping wonderful.
Netflix: for obvious reasons
Timehop: gives you a flashback of the cringey things you said this day 3,4,5 etc years ago - very amusing. Apparently I used to write facebook status' in the third person..

Favourite case:

Ted Baker Cotton Dog iPad mini 2 clip case in pale pink, £35


Pros: so cute, really nice matte feel, doesn't seem to get dirty too easily
Cons: doesn't cover the front screen, doesn't have a stand.. but it's pretty so who cares?

1 comment:

  1. cool.. yeah am the first to follow you.. nice blog. i am following your blog, please follow back. http://melodyjacob1.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete